DISTRICT 5 SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
To all Seniors who are Members in good standing with District 5:
Congratulations on your completion of High School and the sport of High School Rodeo. This gives you the opportunity to apply for a District 5 scholarship to continue your education. District 5 Scholarships are based on academics, need, sincerity, and the goals of the applicant. Your commitment and accomplishments in rodeo, as well as your involvement at the District and State level are also evaluated. You must be planning to attend one of the following: four year college/ university, community college, or an accredited vocational or trade school.
The Scholarship Process for District 5 will include an Application Packet and Interview. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete both parts of the process.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Fill out the District 5 scholarship application (scroll to very bottom of this page to find link to the application).
- Get an official transcript from your High School (grade 9 through mid-grades in your senior year) Official means signed and stamped by registrar.
- Two letters of recommendation:
– One written by someone that is not involved in rodeo (ie: minister, rabbi, teacher, or employer).
– One written by an adult CHSRA Officer, District Officer or State Representative.
- An essay typed or handwritten by you to the committee explaining your qualifications for a scholarship, how you plan to use the scholarship, and what you plan to do in your future. Please note that the essay is weighted as 25% of total score and should be a minimum of 250 words.
Your complete application must be postmarked by Monday, April 16, 2018.
AN INTERVIEW WITH THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE:
All interviews will be scheduled for Friday, April 20th beginning at approximately 3:00 pm at the Oakdale Rodeo Grounds. We will do our best to schedule around cutting, barrels, and roughstock that afternoon. Please note that the interview is weighted as 25% of total score.
CONTACT Jill Polhemus regarding the D5 Scholarship Program (209)505-0725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your application to: CHSRA District 5, Attn: Scholarship Program, P.O. BOX 1567 Oakdale, Ca. 95361
REMEMBER YOUR APPLICATION AND ALL OTHER REQUIREMENTS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY Monday, April 16, 2018. Please keep a certificate of mailing.
The scholarship winners will be announced at the District Final Awards Ceremony on Sunday, April 22nd.
Money will not be dispersed until after you have mailed verification of enrollment and attendance after the withdrawal date. You will have two years from the time you graduate, to claim your scholarship before it reverts back to the District Scholarship Fund. Best wishes in your future endeavors!